Skip to content
John Deere 5050D Engine Oil and Filter
Check Engine Oil Level
- Park the tractor on level ground, put the gearshift in neutral, set the brakes, and turn off the engine.
- Take out the dipstick.The oil level should be between the two marks on the dipstick.
- Do not run the engine if the oil level is below the LOW mark on the dipstick.
- If the level is low, add oil through the oil filler hole up to the upper mark.
- Do not overfill.
Change Engine Oil and Filter
- Run the engine to warm the oil.Turn off the motor.
- Remove the oil drain plug and drain the oil.
- Replace the engine oil filter while changing the oil.
- Apply a film of oil to the new oil filter gasket and install the new filter.
- Hand tighten plus 1/2 turn.Install the drain plug.
- Add seasonal viscosity grade oil.
- Engine crankcase oil capacity – 8.5 L / 6.5 L.
- During break-in period, change oil in the first 100 hours.